Seven people were arrested in Lewis County on drug charges Tuesday.
The Lewis County Sheriff's Department executed arrest warrants for seven individuals after receiving numerous complaints from citizens, which aided in the arrests, according to Sheriff Adam Gissy.
Jimmie Lipps, James Breeden, Emmanuel "Paul" Robinson, Patrick Quinn, Heather Starcher, Arla Mills, and Todd Hefner were arrested on drug charges, Gissy said. The arrests were the result of several drug investigations that had been underway over the past few months, he said.
"With the aid of concerned citizens, law enforcement personnel were able to address some of those who have been menacing our communities by distributing illegal drugs," Gissy said. "We strongly encourage folks to contact law enforcement if they believe drug deals are occurring in their neighborhoods. Community involvement is pivotal in curbing the drug epidemic facing our county and country."
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- West Virginia looks for the next class of State Troopers
- MISSING: State police search for a Nicholas County boy
- Death in West Virginia is 21st caused by Takata air bags
- Emergency crews respond to house fire in Adamston