The Greater Harrison County Drug and Violent Crime Task Force and the Three Rivers Task Force worked together to investigate six fentanyl overdoses that occurred within the last week in Harrison and Marion counties.
No deaths have occurred, according to Bridgeport Police Chief John Walker, but one person is in critical condition.
Colton Kallel has been charged with three counts of distribution of fentanyl, Walker said.
The investigation is currently ongoing, Walker said. Harrison County Prosecutor Rachel Romano and Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Cook are working with the task forces.
Stay with 12 News for updates on this developing story.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- West Virginia State Police change agreement with sheriff's department
- UPDATE: Robbery reported at United Bank in Morgantown
- Fairmont man killed in helicopter crash
- 3 men arrested for breaking into home, possession of drugs