CLARKSBURG, W.Va. - Have you noticed that you are not seeing as much local news on your Facebook feed? You're not alone.
Facebook recently changed its algorithms, putting your friends and family on your news feed first. And that's great, but you can still stay up to date on what is happening in your community by changing your news feed preferences.
Grab your smartphone or tablet and open your Facebook app. Here are step by step instruction on how to change your news feed preferences.
- Select the three-line menu in the bottom right corner of your phone
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Settings"
- Click "News Feed Preferences"
- Select "Prioritize who to see first"
- Select WBOY 12News from the choices when they appear (you may need to search to find us)
- Select "Done" in the upper right corner
On your computer, go to the WBOY 12 News Facebook page.
Under our banner, click the "Follow" button then select "See First" under the "In Your News Feed" section.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Rivesville man arrested on drug charge in Monongalia County
- Suspicious death in Dolly Sods Wilderness Area ruled homicide
- Georgia man arrested for 2016 robbery of Preston County hot spot
- Fire damages church in Monongalia County