CHEAT LAKE, W.Va. - Monongalia County Sheriff's Deputies responded Wednesday night to an armed robbery in a Cheat Lake store.
The clerk told deputies that two males entered the BFS store, went to the counter and took an undisclosed amount of cash and cigarettes, deputies said. The males left the store and fled in a vehicle that a third person was waiting in.
The robbers were described to be black males wearing gray hoodies and gloves. One male was described to have a beard, and the other male was described as heavier set than the first male, according to deputies.
No one was injured, and the clerk was the only employee working at the time of the robbery, deputies said.
The Monongalia County Sheriff's Detectives will be investigating the robbery.
Anyone with information related to the robbery is asked to call the Sheriff's Office Detective Division at 304-291-7218.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Rivesville man arrested on drug charge in Monongalia County
- Suspicious death in Dolly Sods Wilderness Area ruled homicide
- Georgia man arrested for 2016 robbery of Preston County hot spot
- Fire damages church in Monongalia County