MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - A Morgantown man was arrested after he allegedly broke into a home and held the residents at gunpoint.
John Martin, 30, is accused of breaking into a house on Brookhaven Road, according to the Monongalia County Sheriff's Department.
When the male and female residents arrived home, Martin came out of the kitchen area and pointed a revolver at them, deputies said. The couple, then, left the residence and went into the front yard, where Martin continued to hold them at gunpoint and began demanding $200.
Finally, the male victim pulled a gun from his hip and pointed it at Martin, deputies said. Martin, then, put his revolver in his pocket and walked up the street.
The couple found that their ammo container, which held approximately 130 rounds, was missing when they went back inside.
Martin is charged with armed robbery and daytime burglary.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Monongalia County seeks volunteers to aid in homelessness count
- 2 Charleston men arrested on drug charges in Morgantown
- Wanted man from the state of New York arrested in Elkins
- Sterilization issue at VA Hospital in Clarksburg affects patients