CLARKSBURG, W.Va. - West Virginia ranks third among all states for the highest percentage of grandparents raising their grandchildren.
The Harrison County Board of Education, along with West Virginia State University, Family Services of Harrison County and the United Way, will be providing a free, new resource for grandparents raising grandchildren.
The program was designed as a series of 10 discussion groups and will be taught by an education professional.
"It is very, very difficult and we recognize how important that was and West Virginia is third in the nation in the number of grandparents who are raising grandchildren so it is an issue," said Dr. Mark Manchin, Harrison County Superintendent.
The sessions will start in March. To sign up for the sessions, call the Harrison County Board of Education at 304-326-7692.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Authorities respond to rumors of an alleged shooting at Webster County High School
- Mannington woman arrested on drug charge in Harrison County
- Terra Alta man arrested after allegedly threatening & striking man with baseball bat
- Preston County man arrested after allegedly attempting to ram gate at Camp Dawson to harm wife