MILL CREEK, W.Va. - Crews responded to a fire in Randolph County Friday morning.
According to 911 officials, a fire broke out at a trailer on the corner of Helvetia Pike and Conrad Street at approximately 4:30 a.m.
The Mill Creek Volunteer Fire Department confirmed no people were in the structure when the fire began but that there were 10 animals inside. One dog was able to escape the blaze, but eight dogs and one raccoon were killed, firefighters said.
The residence is a total loss, and currently, no investigation is being done, firefighters said.
The Huttonsville, Mill Creek, Beverly and Tygarts Valley Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the scene, along with Randolph County EMS.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Harrison County teacher has charges dismissed, remains suspended
- Police investigate death of child at Highland-Clarksburg Hospital
- Government shutdown could delay your tax refund
- Cops may bring in cadaver dogs to search for possible remains of other children at Calif. home