2:15 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018 UPDATE:
Deputies in Pocahontas County have released the names of two people who were caught in a fire at a home in Hillsboro, WV on Wednesday.
Cathy Cordle, 64, was killed in the blaze. Her husband, Arvile Cordle, was seriously injured. He is in the burn unit at a hospital in Huntington, WV.
According to the Chief Deputy, it was an electrical fire. The cause of the blaze has been ruled as accidental.
HILLSBORO, WV (WVNS) -- Crews from two fire departments were called to a fire in Hillsboro, WV on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018. The call came in at around 12:19 p.m.
According to dispatchers, firefighters from Hillsboro and Marlinton were called to the scene. They added there was one fatality connected to the fire. There is no word on who the victim is or what led to that person's death.
Crews were still on the scene at around 2 p.m. The West Virginia Fire Marshal has been called to investigate the fire.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Justice declares State of Emergency
- Authorities respond to rumors of an alleged shooting at Webster County High School
- Mannington woman arrested on drug charge in Harrison County
- Terra Alta man arrested after allegedly threatening & striking man with baseball bat