MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - Three schools in north central West Virginia have been ranked as the top schools in West Virginia.
Morgantown High School came in at number one, followed by Bridgeport High School, and in third was University High School.
U.S. World news report came out with the rankings.
This is the second year in a row that Morgantown High School was ranked as the number one school in West Virginia.
"It's a great honor for us to have. It's certainly something we can put on tag lines and things like that, but it really is a testament to the people that we have here, that work here, the students that go to school here, and the things that we're able to accomplish at Morgantown High," said Paul Mihalko, Principal of Morgantown High School.
In the 2018 U.S. News best high schools rankings, eight West Virginia schools earned silver medals and 24 received bronze medals.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Ex-coal exec chases US Senate seat despite GOP primary loss
- Woman accused of setting fire to camper in Tunnelton
- 2 people arrested in Randolph County on cruelty to animals charge
- Troopers arrest Barbour County man on sex charges