MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - The United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties met and exceeded its 2017 campaign goal.
The organization celebrated Wednesday afternoon in Morgantown with a luncheon and awards ceremony.
The organization exceeded its goal of $1,525,000 by more than $2,000.
"The money goes to agencies that do such good work for those in need so it's been a real pleasure to work on the campaign and I'm just thrilled that we were able to raise the money and very appreciative of everybody that gave," said Lydotta Taylor, chairperson.
Mylan Pharmaceuticals took the top honor with the "Best of the Best" award followed by West Virginia university and WVU Medicine.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Monongalia County seeks volunteers to aid in homelessness count
- 2 Charleston men arrested on drug charges in Morgantown
- Wanted man from the state of New York arrested in Elkins
- Sterilization issue at VA Hospital in Clarksburg affects patients