ROANOKE, W.Va. - Located on Route 19 South in Lewis County, the Hillbilly Smokehouse is already making a name for itself with area residents and more. While the restaurant serves everything from breakfast to subs to pizza, as the name suggests, it's barbecue that they specialize in.
"We do the smoked chicken and we do smoked brisket, also we have the pulled pork, which is already barbecued," said Gina Parker, Hillbilly Smokehouse.
And those smoked meats are where the Hillbilly Smokehouse's meals really sing. They smoke their meat on the premises, and doing that work on their own is one of the biggest draws they have.
"Doing our own smoked meat, that seems to pull people in. They're really interested in different, so barbecue's not something you can have every day, but with us being here and this close to the interstate and this close to the resort, it gives another option," said Parker.
Whether it's pulled pork, barbecue chicken or brisket, there's lots of options for customers to choose from, but it's the combinations they create that have become some of the favorites in the new restaurant.
"They love the barbecue hot dogs. It's served with the pulled pork on top, also cheddar cheese and jalapenos, and our hot dogs seem to be a big hit," said Parker.
The Hillbilly Smokehouse is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days a week.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- UPDATE: 4 people arrested in connection to death of 67-year-old Morgantown man
- Coast Guard suspends search for 4-year-old boy swept into ocean off NC coast
- Lewis County officials hold press conference to wrap up Lunsford trial
- Lunsford Trial Day 7: Jury decides not to recommend mercy