MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - Ahead of Valentine's Day, one of Venerable Bean Bakery's desserts in Morgantown has been ranked a 'Top 10 Vegan Sweet Treat' in the U.S.
PETA ranked restaurants and bakeries across the U.S.
Their Chocolate Truffle Pie with a cookie crust and ganache sauce was the dessert chosen.
The all-vegan bakery also serves up brownies, cookies, cakes, bite-sized truffles and more.
The owner said it is good to be in company with such well known vegan bakeries from across the country.
"With the bakery, it's not about the ingredients we don't use. We don't use eggs, milk, butter, which are traditional baking ingredients, but it's more about the quality of the ingredients we do use, and that shines through," said Aaron Behnke, owner of Venerable Bean Bakery.
"We ranked vegan desserts from restaurants, bakeries, and cafes around the country, based on input from diners including PETA staff and supporters who have tried them, online reviews, and our traveling campaigners, who know a lot of the best spots nationwide," said Amber Canavan, PETA Vegan Campaigner.
Monday is the last day to pre-order heart shaped Valentine's Day cakes from Venerable Bean Bakery, and they will also be in the bakery case while supplies last.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Justice declares State of Emergency
- Authorities respond to rumors of an alleged shooting at Webster County High School
- Mannington woman arrested on drug charge in Harrison County
- Terra Alta man arrested after allegedly threatening & striking man with baseball bat