RIVERSIDE, Ohio (WDTN) - Police in Riverside are investigating after a deceased infant was found buried in the backyard of a home.
Police were called to the 4500 block of Richland Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Sunday on a report of a dead infant.
Officers, with the help of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations, found an infant buried behind a residence. The infant was taken to the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office where an autopsy was performed Monday, according to a release by the Riverside Police Department.
The results of that autopsy are still pending.
No one has been arrested in this case but a police report shows an offense of Abuse of a Corpse.
The investigation is ongoing.
Man arrested for sexual assault,...
Ohio hospital issues alert about woman
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Justice declares State of Emergency
- Authorities respond to rumors of an alleged shooting at Webster County High School
- Mannington woman arrested on drug charge in Harrison County
- Terra Alta man arrested after allegedly threatening & striking man with baseball bat