SUMMERS COUNTY, W. Va. (WVNS) -- A Summers County man who allegedly threatened to kill law enforcement and is armed is on the run.
Deputies said they are looking for John David Caledine, of Talcott, after he led them on a high-speed chase Tuesday night.
Deputies said they serving a search warrant for Caledine but he was not home. As deputies were leaving, they spotted Caledine driving down Route 3. That's when a chase started with speeds reaching 85 miles per hour.
Deputies report Caledine quickly stopped the car and ran into a wooded area. Deputies searched for him for several hours but were unable to find him.
Another person was inside of the vehicle during the time of the pursuit. That person told deputies Caledine was driving their vehicle and when he saw deputies, he allegedly pulled out a gun on the victim threatening the shoot. The victim told law enforcement Caledine said he "will kill law enforcement before going back to jail."
Deputies said if you Caledine, you are asked to call 911 immediately.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Suspicious death in Dolly Sods Wilderness Area ruled homicide
- Georgia man arrested for 2016 robbery of Preston County hot spot
- Fire damages church in Monongalia County
- Blocked sensor prompts recall of 452,000 Kidde smoke alarms