Fairmont Senior Head Girls Basketball Coach, Corey Hines, has not only created a family atmosphere for his lady Polar Bears to swim in, but also made history with this formula.
Coach Hines became the first African American coach in school history to lead the program to a AAA state title, defeating Bluefield 54-42. This is the first championship title since 1997.
Although it is still early in the season, the lady Polar Bears are off to a great start, beating South Charleston, 63-47 on December 1, Martinsburg 50-37 on December 2 and defeating Bridgeport 63-36 on December 5.
Coach Hines is proud of the progress of his team saying, "I love the hard work that his ladies are putting in and it makes me proud and remember why I coach."
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Monongalia County seeks volunteers to aid in homelessness count
- 2 Charleston men arrested on drug charges in Morgantown
- Wanted man from the state of New York arrested in Elkins
- Sterilization issue at VA Hospital in Clarksburg affects patients