MONONGALIA COUNTY - The West Virginia Black Bears helped make a difference during Giving Tuesday, thanks to one of their star players.
The Black Bears and Tristan Gray made a $1,000 donation to Operation Welcome Home Tuesday. The gesture was made possible by Bush's Beans, which sponsored a donation to a charity of Gray's choice after he was named MVP of the 2017 New York-Penn League All-Star Game.
The donation will help Operation Welcome Home kick off the new year.
"This money is going to be an excellent, excellent jump start in helping us start the new year off with creating programs and expanding our programs of providing veterans with resources for job readiness and job placement," said Operation Welcome Home CEO Brett Simpson.
The Black Bears partnered with Operation Welcome Home during the season, when the team wore camo uniforms to honor veterans.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police: Preston County woman arrested after robbing own business
- Police arrest Pennsylvania man after finding over 31 grams of meth
- WV house votes to provide future funding for PEIA
- UPDATE: Name of man killed in vehicle accident near Wilsonburg area released