The Black Bears entered their Wednesday night doubleheader with State College trailing Mahoning Valley by a half-game in the Pinckney Division standings. A pair of wins in that twin bill would guarantee the Bears at least a share of the division lead before the end of the night.
West Virginia didn't sweep the doubleheader, but it did get its share of first place in the division.
The Black Bears bounced back from a 4-1 loss in game one to take the second game 6-5, improving their overall record to 25-17. A Mahoning Valley loss to Auburn allowed the Bears to move back to the top of the division in spite of that loss.
The Black Bears and Spikes continue a four-game series at Monongalia County Ballpark Thursday night at 7:05 p.m.
Note: Between games in this doubleheader, the Black Bears unveiled a seat dedicated to Prisoners of Way and soldiers Missing in Action in partnership with Hogs and Heroes. That seat will remain unoccupied at all home games to honor the sacrifices those men and women made.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Cops may bring in cadaver dogs to search for possible remains of other children at Calif. home
- Emergency crews respond to house fire in Morgantown
- "Child's Play" fundraiser held in Morgantown
- StormTracker 12 Weather Forecast