Westover Fire Destroys House - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Westover Fire Destroys House

Posted: Updated:
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • North Central WV Weekend Outlook for April 18-20

    North Central WV Weekend Outlook for April 18-20

    Friday, April 18 2014 2:12 PM EDT2014-04-18 18:12:52 GMT
    With it being a holiday weekend, there's not much in the way of fairs or festivals scheduled, but there's still plenty to do around north central West Virginia. Saturday: Stonewall Resort, in Lewis County,
    With it being a holiday weekend, there's not much in the way of fairs or festivals scheduled, but there's still plenty to do around north central West Virginia. Saturday: Stonewall Resort, in Lewis County,
  • AAA Predicts Mild Easter Weekend Traffic

    AAA Predicts Mild Easter Weekend Traffic

    Friday, April 18 2014 1:47 PM EDT2014-04-18 17:47:34 GMT
    If you are getting ready to travel this Easter weekend, the good news is the traffic is not expected to be bad.
    If you are getting ready to travel this Easter weekend, the good news is the traffic is not expected to be bad. AAA predicts that traffic will not be much different than last year and that this weekend
  • Main Street Fairmont Offers Sign and Facade Improvement Grants

    Main Street Fairmont Offers Sign and Facade Improvement Grants

    Friday, April 18 2014 8:16 AM EDT2014-04-18 12:16:22 GMT
    Main Street Fairmont is looking to give away grants through the Sign and Facade Improvement Grant Program, which provides funding for beautification efforts in downtown Fairmont. The program is facilitated
    Main Street Fairmont is looking to give away grants through the Sign and Facade Improvement Grant Program, which provides funding for beautification efforts in downtown Fairmont. The program is facilitated

A fire destroyed a Westover home Sunday night.

The fire started in the kitchen of a home on Western Avenue, officials said.

The homeowners said they were home but not inside when the fire began. They said it started when they were cooking. Three adults lived in the house.

Officials believed the fire started as an accident. They said the home was a "total loss on the inside."

Monongalia and Star City EMS and the Westover, Star City and Granville Fire Departments responded.