Dryer Fire Reported at Waterfront Hotel, Guests Evacuated to Hot - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Dryer Fire Reported at Waterfront Place Hotel, Guests Evacuated to Hotel's Restaurant

Posted: Updated:
MORGANTOWN -

Several fire departments responded Sunday evening to a fire at the Waterfront Place Hotel in Morgantown.

It happened just after 8 p.m. in the hotel's salon on the second floor, officials said.

It's believed that a dryer in the salon caught fire and filled the room with smoke. The smoke did cause sprinklers to go off on the first and second floors.

Officials said the majority of the damage was from smoke and water.

All of the guests staying at the hotel were evacuated, and moved to the main floor and remained inside the Regatta Bar and Grill until crews completed their cleanup and the smoke was cleared.

Guests were allowed to return to their rooms about an hour after being evacuated. Some guests were moved to new rooms, officials said.

Officials said the hotel was about 25 percent full but no one was inured.