The W.Va. Fire Marshals Office has identified the body found in a camper trailer fire that happened on November 8 in Randolph County as Joel Bruce "Joey" Schoonover, 52.
Schoonover died of smoke inhalation in his Harpertown Road trailer, said Assistant State Fire Marshal Mackey Ayersman.
The State Fire Marshals Office has not been able to identify the exact cause of the fire but said the camper did not have electric for some time and Schoonover was using a propane gas stove to cook and candles to see inside the trailer.
The Elkins Fire Department responded to a fire Thursday night in Randolph County.
Randolph County 911 received a call about a structure fire on Harpertown Road at approximately 10 p.m.
The Elkins Fire Department, along with the Leading Creek Fire Department, responded to the scene and discovered that the structure was a camper trailer on fire.
While crews were fighting the fire, they located a body.
The victim's name will not be released until identification can be made by the Medical Examiner's Office.
The fire is being investigated by the W.Va. Fire Marshals Office.
The Randolph County Sheriff's Office, the W.Va. State Police, and Randolph County EMS also responded to the scene.