UPDATE: Brookhaven House Fire Ruled Arson - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

UPDATE: Brookhaven House Fire Ruled Arson

Posted: Updated:
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • West Virginia University Children's Hospital Breaks Ground on New Expansion

    West Virginia University Children's Hospital Breaks Ground on New Expansion

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:00 AM EDT2014-09-16 04:00:32 GMT
    Monday marked the new beginning for the West Virginia University Children's Hospital. The hospital is expanding its walls to meet the growing needs of the community.
    Monday marked the new beginning for the West Virginia University Children's Hospital. The hospital is expanding its walls to meet the growing needs of the community.
  • Marion County Residents Gather To Meet The Candidates

    Marion County Residents Gather To Meet The Candidates

    Monday, September 15 2014 11:45 PM EDT2014-09-16 03:45:34 GMT
    Meet The Candidate ForumMeet The Candidate Forum
    Marion County residents were able to meet the candidates Monday night and get to hear from Fairmont City Council.
    Marion County residents were able to meet the candidates Monday night and get to hear from Fairmont City Council.
  • WVU Students Honor Slain Journalists With Vigil

    WVU Students Honor Slain Journalists With Vigil

    Monday, September 15 2014 11:40 PM EDT2014-09-16 03:40:26 GMT
    The militant group ISIS has beheaded four Western hostages, two from the United States and two from Britain. Monday night, WVU's Muslim Association held a vigil for one of the murdered American journalist.
    The militant group ISIS has beheaded four Western hostages, two from the United States and two from Britain. Monday night, WVU's Muslim Association held a vigil for one of the murdered American journalist.

Several fire departments fought a house fire in the Brookhaven neighborhood of Morgantown Friday morning.

The fire was reported on Gibson Street after 3 a.m. Crews were able to clear the scene before 5 a.m.

MECCA 911 officials said no injuries were reported.

The State Fire Marshal's office has ruled the fire an arson.  The dwelling has been unoccupied for about a year.  A person broke a window out of the house and threw a container of gasoline inside, according to Mackey Ayersman, Assistant State Fire Marshal.  Damage was limited to the dining room area. 

Anyone with information can call the Arson Hot Line at (800-233-FIRE).