Firefighters: Fire Not Blamed for Smoke Alarm at Shinnston Shop - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Firefighters: Fire Not Blamed for Smoke Alarm at Shinnston Shop n Save

Posted: Updated:
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:56 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:56:27 GMT
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
  • WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:54 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:54:27 GMT
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
  • WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:43 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:43:41 GMT
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students

Several fire crews were called to the Shop 'n Save on Pike St. in Shinnston after a fire alarm went off around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
 
The store was closed for the holiday so there was no one inside at the time.
 
As of Tuesday night, firefighters said it wasn't actually a fire that caused the smoke, but some problem in the heating and cooling system that set off the alarm.
 
The issue is still under investigation.