Fire Destroys Marion Co. Garage Thursday Morning - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Fire Destroys Marion Co. Garage Thursday Morning

Posted: Updated:
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:56 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:56:27 GMT
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
  • WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:54 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:54:27 GMT
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
  • WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:43 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:43:41 GMT
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students

A fire woke the resident of a garage apartment on Montana Road in Marion County early Thursday morning.

Winfield District volunteer fire fighters were called to the property around 2:30 a.m. By the time they arrived, though, the garage was already destroyed.

Firefighters said the cause appeared to be a blanket left too close to a heater. The resident got out of the garage and firefighters said there were no major injuries reported.

Firefighters estimate the total damage at $40,000.

The fire caused minor damage to a nearby house and boat.

The Bunners Ridge and Valley VFDs were also on the scene with Marion County EMS and the Sheriff's Department.