Crews Respond to Fire at Morgantown Residence - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Crews Respond to Fire at Morgantown Residence

Posted: Updated:

Emergency responders from Monongalia County responded to a fire in Morgantown on Monday evening.

Captain Rinehart of the Morgantown Fire Department said the fire started just before 5 p.m. at a residence on Montrose Avenue.

Rinehart said a woman inside heard a pop from the house's office. When she walked towards the area, she saw flames and ran out of the house with her toddler.

No one was injured, according to Rinehart.

The fire caused an estimated damage of $60,000, according to the Morgantown Fire Department.

The Morgantown Police Department and Monongalia County EMS also responded to the scene.

Rinehart said authorities could not determine the extent of damage, but that the house did not appear to be a total loss.

Investigators believe clothing stored next to a gas-fired hot water heater was accidentally ignited, according to the Morgantown Fire Department.