Marion County Home Ruled A Total Loss After Fire - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Marion County Home Ruled A Total Loss After Fire

Posted: Updated:
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:56 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:56:27 GMT
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
  • WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:54 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:54:27 GMT
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
  • WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:43 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:43:41 GMT
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students

A Marion County home was ruled a total loss after a fire destroyed it Wednesday afternoon.

Marion County 911 officials said it happened around 4:45 p.m. on Parkside Drive in Pleasant Valley.

Deputy Chief Dave Shields of the Pleasant Valley Fire Department said a man and his dogs were inside the house at the time and were all able to get out safely.

Shields said the fire appears to have started in the laundry room, then spread to the attic.

He said an electrical issue likely caused the fire and estimated the damage to be around $75,000.

Fire departments from Pleasant Valley, Winfield, Bunner Ridge, Monongah, and Boothesville responded, as well as the Marion County Rescue Squad.