Home Damaged in Monongalia County Fire - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Home Damaged in Monongalia County Fire

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: MGN Online Courtesy: MGN Online
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Morgantown Battles Underage and High Risk Drinking

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:56 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:56:27 GMT
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
    WVU and the City of Morgantown, paired up to host a discussion April 16 on underage and high risk drinking. The discussion was meant to discuss the problems at hand, and talk about possible solutions.
  • WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    WVU Public Relation Students Help A Local Non-Profit

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:54 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:54:27 GMT
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
    The Nine students working on this project for their public relations campaigns course, have completely re-branded the non-profit, by creating a sufficient mission statement, new name, and social media
  • WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    WVU Nursing Works to Educate Christian Help Clients on Healthy Eating

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:43 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:43:41 GMT
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students
    Eating healthy on a tight budget doesn't have to be a struggle. WVU Nursing students have been teaching Christian Help clients how to eat healthy using items found in Christian Help's food pantry. Students

Fire damaged a home in Monongalia County Sunday evening. It happened just before 7 p.m.

Crews from multiple area fire departments responded to the fire on Hagans Road.

River Road Fire Chief Dave Zinn said the fire started with an electric stove in the kitchen before spreading up to the roof.

The homeowners were outside when they noticed the fire, according to officials.

The home is not a total loss but Zinn said smoke and water damage was extensive and the home was uninsured.

The Red Cross has been called to assist the family.