State Fire Marshal Investigating Fatal Westover Fire - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

State Fire Marshal Investigating Fatal Westover Fire

Posted: Updated:
A man is dead after a fire at a home on Parkview Avenue in Westover, according to officials with the Westover Volunteer Fire Department. A man is dead after a fire at a home on Parkview Avenue in Westover, according to officials with the Westover Volunteer Fire Department.
The house has been deemed a total loss/Courtesy: Beth Clawges The house has been deemed a total loss/Courtesy: Beth Clawges
The house has been deemed a total loss/Courtesy: Beth Clawges The house has been deemed a total loss/Courtesy: Beth Clawges
WESTOVER -

A man is dead after a fire at a home on Parkview Drive in Westover, according to officials with the Westover Volunteer Fire Department.

The fire was called in to 911 just before 7:30 a.m. Friday.

The state medical examiner's office has identified the man as James William Smith, 25, according to the State Fire Marshal's office. The Charleston Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Nov. 21 that Smith died of smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire is believed to have started from a light fixture in the ceiling of the master bedroom, the State Fire Marshal's Office said.

Other family members had already left for work, officials said.

Westover firefighters estimate the damage around $75,000 and said the house is a total loss.