The Marion County Sheriff's Department has arrested two people in the overdose death of a Marion County child.
Detective Chip Phillips said Andrew Hall, 23, was awoken by his daughter A.R.H around 7 a.m. on April 12. Andrew Hall told detectives the child was impaired and stumbling around the room.
Hall told deputies that he woke up A.R.H's mother, Brittany Edgell, 24, and they observed 50 mg. of tramadol laying on the floor.
Instead of obtaining medical attention for the child or calling 911, A.R.H was given a cold bath. Hall and Edgell told police they watched a movie, made her vomit, and placed her down to sleep around 1 p.m. Detectives said A.R.H. went into cardiac arrest and died in her sleep.
Hall and Edgell have both been charged with child neglect resulting in death. They are being held in the North Central Regional Jail. Bail has been set at $5 million each.
The cause of death for a 2-year-old girl from Marion County is a drug overdose, according to Detective Chip Phillips of the Marion County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened on Saturday, April 12 in Monongah.
The investigation is still ongoing, and Detective Phillips said further details will be released next week.
The Marion County Sheriff's Department is investigating a suspicious death involving a 2-year-old girl from Monongah.
Chief Deputy Ralph Wright said the incident happened on Saturday, April 12 and that the investigation is ongoing.
Due to the sensitive nature of the investigation, Chief Wright said further details will be released at a later date.