CLARKSBURG, W.Va. (WBOY) — It’s almost spring which means it’s time for ice cream at your favorite local stand. Here’s a list of when some of the best local ice cream restaurants open this year in north central West Virginia.
- Coke & Float in Weston – March 17
- Dairy Creme Corner in Fairmont – March 18
- Sweet Shack in Glenville – April 1
- The Scoop Treats & Eats in Smithburg (Doddridge County) – April 1
- Udders Creamery in Reedsville – April 13
- Toni’s Ice Cream in Clarksburg – April 17
- Lolli & Pops Ice Cream Shop in Buckhannon – April 22
- Lakeside Ice Cream in Grafton – May 6
If you can’t wait to get ice cream, here are some places that are open and offering ice cream all year long:
- Dairy Kone in Monongah
- Gibby’s Ice Cream and Grill in Shinnston
- Farmhouse Ice Cream in Bridgeport
- Pufferbelly’s Food and Ice Cream Station in Fairmont
- The Custard Stand in Webster Springs
- The Crossing Coffee Bar in Delmonte Market in Elkins
- Rita’s Italian Ice in White Hall
This story will be updated with more opening dates as we learn them. Know of an opening we’re missing? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Ice cream lovers can also take advantage of “Free Cone Day” at Dairy Queen on Monday, March 20. A map of Dairy Queen locations in north central West Virginia is available here. Rita’s Italian Ice is also having Free Cup of Ice day on March 20.