Emergency crews respond to fire in Morgantown



The Morgantown Fire Department responded to a fire Monday morning.

At about 8:30, a firetruck was in the area when firefighters saw smoke along Montrose Avenue.

The department said firefighters found the rear of a duplex rental on fire.

Investigators said the fire was accidental. They said that they believe it started inside the wall of a utility room where water lines had been wrapped with electric heat tape.

All 14 people got out of the duplex unharmed.

The department estimates the damage to be $100,000.


The Morgantown Fire Department responded to the scene of a fire Monday morning.

It happened around 8:30 a.m. on Montrose Avenue, according to MECCA 911 officials.

Monongalia County EMS is also on standby, according to 911 officials.

This is a developing story. Stick with 12 News for the latest developments.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Link to 12 things you need to know page

WBOY 12 News Facebook Page

Trending Stories