BUCKHANNON, W.Va. (WBOY) — A fire erupted at the Weyerhaeuser sawmill near Buckhannon Monday night.

According to officials, the fire has been put out with minimal damage to the building itself and no injuries have been reported

The incident was caused by a dryer fire that started in the central area of the building, though the fire was mostly out by the time responders arrived, officials said. The fire department had to cut holes in the wall and roof so that a ladder truck could spray water inside and help control the fire.

A representative of Weyerhaeuser said the response by emergency crews was very fast and very good.

The extent of the damages is unknown at this time.

Crews from the Buckhannon Fire Department, Warren District Fire Department, Washington District Fire Department, Banks District Fire Department, Elkins Fire Department and Weston Fire Department all responded to the scene.

Stick with 12 News for future updates.