The Elkins-Randolph County Chamber held their annual dinner and awards ceremony Monday night.
‘An Evening With the Stars’ celebrated businesses and individuals who have contributed to the Elkins-Randolph community.
A total of nine awards were given including, educator of the year, and business of the year. Surveys from members of the chamber and a chamber committee collectively chose the winners. The awards are as followed.
- Business Man of the Year– Jonathon Kyle
- Business of the Year– Lavender Fields
- Business Woman of the Year– Sandra Elza
- Citizen of the Year– Kathy Vance
- Educator of the Year– Melanie Campbell
- Non-profit of the Year– Elkins-Randolph County Public Library
- Young leader of the Year Award- Dr. Janna Brown
- Chamber Person of the Year- Jess Shaffer
- Tom Williams & Elkins-Randolph County Chamber of Commerce Award of Distinction- Gary Clay
The chamber holds this ceremony to show the winners appreciation for their contributions.
“Give the credibility to their business. Whenever you are a chamber member but also just to know that there is a nice selection process that goes through to get that award winner, so I think that is a true honor,” said Wendy Hill, the chamber executive director. “Thanks to the community and all of our businesses and Chamber members.”