ANMOORE, W.Va. - The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection has announced the recipients of the 2019 Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan Litter Control Matching Grants, or REAP grants.
The 31 recipients were approved for more than $85,000 in grant funding.
The town of Anmoore received $2,500 for litter and recycling unit receptacles for the town parks.
"Well we are hoping that the parks will stay cleaner and this came about at Easter we have an egg hunt and it took us an hour to clean up the park before we could put the eggs down," said Anna Harvey, recreation committee.
In north central West Virginia, Anmoore, Buckhannon, Weston, Grafton, Kingwood and Preston County all received a portion of the grant money.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Art auction raises money for the Monongalia Child Advocacy Center
- Senate refuses to immediately take up teacher raises
- Man accused of White House attack plot to remain in custody
- Intersection of Chestnut Street and Forest Avenue to be temporarily closed