MORGANTOWN, W.V.a. - Each month we team up with The Miley Legal Group to recognize people in our community who work to make it a better place. This month we introduce you to Loretta Davis who is determined to save local animals.
"I love all animals but cats hold something special. There is such a need for someone to speak up and help them," said volunteer Loretta Davis.
For more than 25 years, Loretta Davis has made it her mission to help cats across the state.
"It's great to rescue little guys. You know you are the one saving their life and finding perfect homes for that baby. What's even more special is when you adopt an older cat and you see them with there forever family, it's amazing."
Loretta and her friend Karen are determined to save abandoned, abused, and stray cats through the non-profits Aaron's Hope for Paws & The Davis Crew Kittens.
"We isolate first to make sure and we vaccinate. Once they have a clean bill of health and have had their vaccines, they are free in my house. I have children, so they are used to children playing with them. I have dogs, so they are used to that and it really helps them fit into family life," explained Loretta.
For information on how you can adopt or foster cats just head to the group's Facebook page or stop by it's bi-weekly adoption events.
"They can here, at the Exotic Jungle. We are here every other Sunday. The store lets us set up, they have been amazing, they have helped us so much. Without them we wouldn't have the numbers we do."
Lorretta encourages others in the community to give back.
"The babies, they need help. We do what we can by getting the word out. Being recognized and knowing that our rescue is going to be out there and people are going to see us and get to know us better, we are going to be able to save more."
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 vehicle collision slows traffic on Rt. 50 in Harrison County
- White Hall Town Council hosts second reading of ordinance on Municipal Sales and Use Tax increase
- Preston County Commission discusses road update in county
- Harrison Co. Board of Education meets to discuss "legal matter" involving Liberty HS Asst. Principal