The fear of the tree posing a fire hazard is the reason some families decide against real trees.
If you decide on a real Christmas tree make sure to follow these safety tips to avoid any potential fire.
– Make sure to keep the tree about three feet away from sources of heat like space heaters, fireplaces and radiators.
– Water the tree daily to prevent it from drying too quickly.
– Don’t place the tree in the way of any exits.
– Test string lights before placing them on the tree and make sure to replace any strands that have old bulbs.
– Unplug tree lights before going to bed and while you’re not at home.
– Once the holiday season is over, leave old, dried out trees outside your home.