BUCKHANNON, W.Va. – Ten people were arrested and more than $8,000 worth of drugs were seized following a drug round-up in Upshur County on Thursday afternoon.
The round-up was organized by members of the Mountain Lakes Drug and Violent Crime (MLDVC) Unit, which includes officers from the Upshur County Sheriff’s Department, Buckhannon Police Department, and the Buckhannon and Weston detachments of West Virginia State Police.
Officers said they arrested ten people on various drug offenses including possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a protected area and conspiracy to deliver controlled substances.
Officers said these arrests are the culmination of drug investigations that began earlier in the year. This is the second such drug round-up since the MLDVC Unit’s inception in May 2018, which has yielded more than 50 felony drug arrests in Upshur County alone, according to officers. Task force officers said the arrests made on Wednesday were made possible by information and tips received by citizens from Upshur County.
Officers said the ten people arrested on Thursday were the following
- Candy Suttle, 38 – delivery of a controlled substance
- Lucas Unger
- Wesley Mayes, 38 – possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance
- Brandon McCartney, 34 – possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance
- John Shipman II, 39 – delivery of a controlled substance near a school
- Ashley Sipe, 26 – possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance
- Robin Norris
- Chad Hayes, 28 – delivery of a controlled substance
- Garry Moran II, 39 – possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance
- Johnna Courtney, 37 – possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance.
During the round-up, officers said they seized 53 heroin stamps, 100 dosage units of controlled substances, .25 of an ounce of marijuana, 62 grams of methamphetamine and several thousand dollars of counterfeit money. The total street value of the drugs seized during Thursday’s round-up was $8,350, according to task force officers.
Officers said they are still actively looking for five suspects on drug trafficking charges. These suspects are Aman Sweilam, Timothy Strickland, Keith Johnson, Thomas Lowe and Dustin Landis. Officers said Timothy Strickland is considered to be armed and dangerous. Any person with any information on these suspects is urged to call the Upshur County Comm Center at 304-472-9550.