BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – The driver has been arrested after an accident on I-470 on Monday afternoon where a body was discovered at the scene.
Authorities in Belmont County say 36-year-old David Allen Saunders was ejected from a car when it veered off the road and hit a sign near Exit 214.
First, officials believed he died as a result of the accident, but then learned that wasn’t the case.
Saunders was reported missing on Monday to St. Clairsville police.
The warrant states that after a coroner examination of the passenger, Saunders, had been dead for several hours or longer.
Cause of death is unknown at this time.
The warrant also says Polen was presumably under the the influence of drugs at the crash.
Polen remains in the Northern Regional Jail without bond.
This is a developing story, so stay with 7News for any updates.
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- Biological sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance working at restaurant
- ‘In like a lion, out like a lamb’: March folklore explained
- White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Justice schedules Monday’s COVID-19 briefing for 10:30 a.m.