CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – In September 2020, 17 people from the Detroit and Morgantown areas were indicted on federal drug charges for distributing various drugs in the Morgantown area.
Of the 17 suspects indicted, 16 have now pleaded guilty, while one man was found not guilty at the end of a recent trial. Nine of the sixteen people who pleaded guilty have been sentenced, seven of them to prison and the other two to probation.
Pleaded Guilty(awaiting sentencing):
- Schuyler Davis of Detroit
- Jeremy Hamlin of Morgantown
- Donald Noel Smith of Oakland, Maryland
- Alyssa Demus of Fairmont
- Daniel McClung of Morgantown
- Daniel Meadows of Morgantown
Pleaded Guilty & Sentenced:
- Tyron Adams of Detroit(7 years in prison)
- Alonzo Travis of Detroit(57 months in prison)
- Darius Wade of Grosse Pointe, Michigan(57 months in prison)
- Kyle Martin of Morgantown(50 months in prison)
- Candis Sanders of Morgantown(two years of probation)
- Andrew Benson of Morgantown(16 months in prison)
- Candice Adams of Morgantown(15 months in prison)
- Kenneth Burns of Morgantown(13 months in prison)
- Lance Smith of Confluence, Pennsylvania(time served)
- Larry Bruce Heaster of Morgantown(one year of probation)
At a trial in late May, Willie Clark of Warren, Michigan, was found not guilty of conspiracy to distribute heroin and cocaine base and aiding and abetting possession with intent to distribute fentanyl. Clark was released after the trial.