MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (WBOY) — 12 News has acquired more details about a Philadelphia murder suspect who was arrested in Morgantown on Tuesday.

According to the Philadelphia Police Department’s Office of Public Affairs, on June 4, officers responded to the area of Broad Street and Hunting Park Avenue in reference to a call of multiple gunshots.

When officers arrived, they located the victim, identified as Orane Moseley on the 4100 block of North Broad Street “suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the chest, stomach and head,” public affairs officers said.

Ronald Johnson

Moseley was then transported to Temple Hospital and succumbed to his injuries on June 19, at that point the investigation was assigned to the Philadelphia Police Department’s homicide division which later filed charges against Ronald Johnson, 46, of Philadelphia, for murder (general), conspiracy, VUFA (violation of the uniform firearms act) and PIC (possessing instrument of crime).

On Dec. 6, officers with the Morgantown Police Department were processing Johnson due to running “his criminal history and it returned with an outstanding warrant out of Pennsylvania for murder,” according to a criminal complaint.

During that time, officers “found a small bag of a white powdery substance and another small bag of an unknown substance,” officers said.

The substances were then determined to be cocaine, which weighed 2.4 grams; and heroin, which weighed 3.3 grams that “were individually packaged and ready to be distributed,” according to the complaint.

ORIGINAL: 12/6/22, 3:50 p.m.

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (WBOY) — The Morgantown Police Department announced that a man who was wanted for homicide was arrested on High Street Tuesday afternoon.

According to the press release, Ronald Johnson of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was arrested on the 300 block of High Street around 2:30 p.m. by the police department’s special response team and members of the Mon Metro Drug Task Force.

Johnson had active warrants out for his arrest and was wanted for homicide; he was considered dangerous, according to police, but was talked into custody without incident.

The release said that “while this may have caused alarm in the immediate area,” no bystanders were at risk during the arrest.

No other information about the homicide or its location was released.