SPARTANBURG Co., S.C. (WSPA) -- Deputies apprehended a kidnapping suspect wanted in West Virginia following a traffic stop in Duncan.
On Sunday night, the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office was notified by West Virginia police that a kidnapping suspect and his victim may be traveling through the area.
Deputies spotted the suspect, identified as Yashar King, 18, of Montgomery, Ala., near Highway 290 and Interstate 85.
King was arrested after a traffic stop.
The 14-year-old victim was also taken into custody.
Deputies say the victim told them that she and King had communicated on Snapchat before meeting at a mall in West Virginia on Saturday, and had been traveling south ever since.
The girl’s mother arrived at the sheriff’s office here at 6:20 a.m. Monday to pick up her daughter.
King has waived extradition back to West Virginia.
Gilmer County man arrested after...
Fairmont man arrested on child...
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- WVU's chapter of Alpha Phi placed on interim suspension
- Study shows only roughly a third of WV could pass U.S. Citizenship Test
- Bill to allow Sunday liquor sales passes West Virginia Senate
- GSC, PC&TC announce joint nursing program in progress