WEST UNION, W.Va. - The installment of new playground equipment at Doddridge County Park began Monday.
The playground will be built on a piece of land right next to the old playground, which will be deconstructed.
New equipment will meet all current federal guidelines for safety and will allow for handicap accessibility.
The new playground set will be an outdoor adventure theme, with rope climbing and a zipline. The new playground was made possible through a supporting grant from the EQT foundation.
"It's just going to be a lot safer. It's going to allow for more kids to enjoy it, and just meet all safety guidelines that are current, where the other one, being over 30 years old, didn't meet current guidelines," said Greg Cottrill, Doddridge County parks director.
The new playground will be completely installed withing the next two weeks.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Grafton man accused of binding woman and forcing her to have sex
- Fairmont resident accused of shooting man in the abdomen
- Taylor County Deputies arrest man accused of delivering drugs
- Harrison County drivers experience flooding and travel hazards