JANE LEW, W.Va. - Dominion Energy employees were also working to help students in Lewis County this Wednesday morning.
Crews from the energy company were at Jane Lew Elementary School beginning work on expanding the preschool playground at the school.
School staff said the current playground isn't big enough for the number of students who use it at once, and both they and Dominion said there's a lot to be gained be those renovations.
"Four-year-olds learn through play, so it's going to be a wonderful area for them to enrich their learning while they're here at Jane Lew in preschool," said JLES Principal Denise Sprouse.
"Not only are we a strong business partner, but many of our employees work and live in these communities, so this is a great way to enrich the neighborhoods in which our employees live and work," said Dominion spokesperson Samantha Norris.
Crews are aiming to complete the project by the time the school year gets underway.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Head-on collision in Harrison County injures 2 people
- 2 people taken to the hospital after vehicle accident in Harrison County
- Crews respond to a structure fire on Morgan Street
- Preston County Deputies arrest man accused of hitting his mother's head with a metal lid