RICHMOND, I.N. - RICHMOND, Indiana (WDTN) -- Richmond Community Schools said on its Facebook page Thursday there has been an "active shooter situation" at Dennis Intermediate School and the building is currently on lockdown.
Indiana State Police say the suspect is dead.
The district said the building is secure. According to a Twitter post from the district, all students are safe. The students are being taken to Richmond High School and parents must report to Civic Hall to pick up their students.
The school posted to its Facebook page around 8:40 a.m. Thursday that all school buildings were on lockdown.
There is a heavy police presence at the school.
No one is allowed to enter or leave any school buildings at this time.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Intersection of Chestnut Street and Forest Avenue to be temporarily closed
- Fairmont Knights of Columbus hosts elimination dinner benefiting FSHS Madrigals
- One patient transported following two-vehicle accident on Route 50
- West Virginia House Approves Teacher Pay Hike