Clarksburg, W.Va. - Clarksburg Police arrested a woman after officers said she stabbed a man.
Chelsey Arnett, 30, of Wallace is charged with malicious assault and remains in the North Central Regional Jail, in lieu of a $10,000 bond.
According to a criminal complaint, a man told officers that Arnett attempted to stab him in the back area of his rib cage, but this area was blocked by his backpack. During a struggle with Arnett, the man was cut on his left hand, police said.
On Wednesday at 10:44 p.m., a Clarksburg officer was flagged down by the man's girlfriend on West Main Street in Clarksburg. The officer then saw Arnett "walking down the road with a large knife in her hand," according to the criminal complaint.
The man had injuries "consistent with his statement," and Arnett "later admitted stabbing" him, officers said.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Head-on collision in Harrison County injures 2 people
- 2 people taken to the hospital after vehicle accident in Harrison County
- Crews respond to a structure fire on Morgan Street
- Preston County Deputies arrest man accused of hitting his mother's head with a metal lid