CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – The Central West Virginia Community Action will now be providing regular rides to grocery stores in Harrison County.
Rides will take people to Kroger, Sam’s Club, Walmart, Food Lion and Price Cutter, and will be offered three days a week.
Riders are limited to five bags and two bulk items, like water.
Officials with the organization said they feel it’s something the community needs.
“It’s awesome they’re we’re able to provide this. Especially from like the Oakmound area, they’re walking to Food Lion in these 90 degree temperatures, and then they’re having to push carts back up that hill, and some of them are elderly,” said Meaghan Navarini, Transportation Specialist for the Central WV Community Action.
Schedule stops are as followed:
- 10:00am-12:00pm: Kroger, Sam’s Club and Walmart
- 1:00pm-3:00pm: Food Lion and Price Cutter
Pickup is organized by the following days:
- Mondays: Koupal Towers, Clarksburg Towers, Mason House, Palace Place and surrounding areas
- Wednesdays: Laurel Lanes, Glen Elk Apartments and surrounding areas
- Fridays: Oakmound Apartments, Maple View Apartments, Meadow View Apartments and surrounding areas
To schedule a pick-up, you must call the Central WV Community Action at 304-622-8495, option 2.
The suggested donation is $3.