CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – As the coronavirus outbreak continues to affect West Virginia and the United States, WBOY is working to keep people informed on the latest figures in north central West Virginia.
To that end, the following is a running list of counties and their totals, based on information from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and county health departments.
North central West Virginia counties include Barbour, Doddridge, Gilmer, Harrison, Lewis, Marion, Monongalia, Preston, Randolph, Ritchie, Taylor, Tucker, Upshur and Webster counties.
This list will be updated periodically as WBOY receives information from official sources. As case surveillance continues at the local health department level, it may reveal that people tested in a certain county may not be a resident of that county, or even the state, as an individual in question may have crossed the state border to be tested.
The DHHR is now listing confirmed cases and probable cases. The total number of cases in West Virginia includes both of these values.
- Total cases in West Virginia: 115,839 (+532); 1,899 (+4) deaths
- Barbour County: 1,065 (+3); 16 deaths
- Doddridge County: 397 (+2); 5 deaths
- Gilmer County: 555 (+2); 6 deaths
- Harrison County: 4,253 (+20); 49 deaths
- Lewis County: 786 (+1); 12 deaths
- Marion County: 3,139 (+2); 25 (+1) deaths
- Monongalia County: 6,838 (+46); 55 deaths
- Preston County: 2,365 (+24); 37 deaths
- Randolph County: 2,106 (+11); 8 deaths
- Ritchie County: 530 (+2); 8 deaths
- Taylor County: 957 (+0); 15 deaths
- Tucker County: 438 (+5); 7 deaths
- Upshur County: 1,420 (+3); 20 deaths
- Webster County: 236
Editor’s note: The numbers received from the West Virginia DHHR may include cases that have already been resolved. Therefore, these counts may need to be viewed as historical cases, rather than active cases.