CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources confirmed 1,081 new COVID-19 cases and 16 additional deaths in its report on Friday. This is the third day in a one-week span that more than 1,000 new cases have been reported.
The DHHR confirmed 1,122 new COVID-19 cases, the second-highest number of cases announced in a 24-hour period, and 11 additional deaths on Thursday.
The report from the DHHR stated that as of 10 a.m. on Friday, November 20, there have been a total of 989,560 (+16,666) laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 38,480 (+1,081) total cases and 639 (+16) of those cases resulting in deaths.
The DHHR has confirmed the deaths of an 83-year old man from Marshall County, a 70-year old man from Logan County, a 59-year old woman from Boone County, a 74-year old woman from Lincoln County, a 72-year old man from Monroe County, a 92-year old woman from Ohio County, a 79-year old man from Marion County, an 85-year old woman from Mineral County, a 79-year old male Fayette County, a 68-year old female Summers County, a 95-year old woman from Summers County, a 74-year old man from Pleasants County, a 71-year old man from Kanawha County, a 77-year old woman from Kanawha County, a 75-year old man from Jackson County, and an 85-year old man from Hampshire County.
“We mourn the tragic loss of these West Virginians and send our deepest sympathies to their loved ones,” said Bill J. Crouch, DHHR Cabinet Secretary.
According to the DHHR’s COVID-19 dashboard, there are currently 12,177 (+534) active cases and 25,664 (+531) recovered cases in the state.
Listed below are the total numbers of COVID-19 cases per county, according to the DHHR’s latest report:
CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (312), Berkeley (2,544), Boone (559), Braxton (99), Brooke (483), Cabell (2,421), Calhoun (53), Clay (104), Doddridge (98), Fayette (1023), Gilmer (180), Grant (267), Greenbrier (361), Hampshire (246), Hancock (474), Hardy (181), Harrison (1,019), Jackson (636), Jefferson (1,093), Kanawha (5,024), Lewis (219), Lincoln (375), Logan (965), Marion (667), Marshall (961), Mason (309), McDowell (557), Mercer (1,163), Mineral (798), Mingo (889), Monongalia (2,948), Monroe (321), Morgan (226), Nicholas (291), Ohio (1,219), Pendleton (90), Pleasants (66), Pocahontas (89), Preston (420), Putnam (1,550), Raleigh (1,333), Randolph (599), Ritchie (107), Roane (144), Summers (242), Taylor (246), Tucker (98), Tyler (116), Upshur (410), Wayne (871), Webster (51), Wetzel (352), Wirt (77), Wood (1,950), Wyoming (584).
*Note – Please note that delays may be experienced with the reporting of information from the local health department to DHHR. As case surveillance continues at the local health department level, it may reveal that those tested in a certain county may not be a resident of that county, or even the state as an individual in question may have crossed the state border to be tested.
Please visit the dashboard located at www.coronavirus.wv.gov for more information.
Free COVID-19 testing is available today in Barbour, Berkeley, Cabell, Hampshire, Hardy, Jackson, Jefferson, Lincoln, Logan, Marshall, Mason, Mercer, Mineral, Mingo, Monongalia, Nicholas, Ohio, Putnam, Randolph, Tyler, Wayne, and Wyoming counties.
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Myers Clinic, 3 Health Care Drive, Philippi, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Belington Clinic, 70 N. Sturmer Street, Belington, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Junior Volunteer Fire Department, 331 Row Avenue, Belington, WV
- 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Dorothy McCormack Building, 2000 Foundation Way, Martinsburg, WV
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Cabell County Health Department, 703 Seventh Avenue, Huntington, WV (flu shots offered)
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Hampshire Memorial Hospital, 363 Sunrise Boulevard, Romney, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Hardy County Ambulance Authority, 17940 SR 55, Baker, WV
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, National Guard Armory, 167 Freedom Way, Moorefield, WV
- 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM, Jackson County Health Department, 504 Church Street South, Ripley, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Ravenswood Senior Center, 511 Washington Street, Ravenswood, WV
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Shepherd University, 164 University Drive, Shepherdstown, WV
- 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM, Jefferson County Health Department, 1948 Wiltshire Road, Kearneysville, WV
- 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM, Washington High School, 300 Washington Patriot Drive, Charles Town, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Lincoln County Health Department, 8008 Court Avenue, Hamlin, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Harts Galaxy, 1085 McClellan Highway, Harts, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Old 84 Lumber Building, 100 Recovery Road, Peach Creek, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Marshall County Health Department, 513 6th Street, Moundsville, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, New Haven Fire Station (behind station), 4th Street, New Haven, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Point Pleasant Library Parking Lot, Viand and 6th Street, Point Pleasant, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 978 Blue Prince Road, Bluefield, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Mineral County VoTech, 981 Harley O. Staggers Drive, Keyser, WV
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Mineral County Fairgrounds, Route 28, Fort Ashby, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Williamson First United Methodist Church, 2nd Avenue and Dickinson Street, Williamson, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Delbarton Volunteer Fire Department, 68 Farley Avenue, Delbarton, WV
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, West Virginia University, Student Recreation Center, 2001 Recreation Center Drive, Morgantown, WV
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, St. Luke’s Methodist Church, 18001 Webster Road, Craigsville, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Valley Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 355 Fire House Lane, Valley Grove, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Warwood Fire Station 9, 1301 Richland Avenue, Wheeling, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Wheeling Island Fire Department, Station 5, 11 North Wabash Street, Wheeling, WV
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Valley Park, 1 Valley Drive, Hurricane, WV
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Teays Valley Baptist Church, 3926 Teays Valley Road, Hurricane, WV
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Tygart Valley Fire Company, 3534 Seneca Trail, Dailey, WV
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Wetzel-Tyler Health Department, 425 S. 4th Avenue, Paden City, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Wayne County Health Department, 217 Kenova Avenue, Wayne, WV
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Kenova Police Department, 1501 Pine Street, Kenova, WV
- 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Mullens Opportunity Council (MOC), Route 10, Mullens, WV
For more testing locations, including pharmacy testing, please visit https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/pages/testing.aspx. New sites are added daily.
Editor’s note: The numbers received from the West Virginia DHHR include cases that have already been resolved. Therefore, these counts need to be viewed as historical cases, rather than active cases.
Editor’s note 2: The total number of cases confirmed by the DHHR now includes probable cases, which are individuals that have symptoms and either serologic (antibody) or epidemiologic (e.g., a link to a confirmed case) evidence of disease, but no confirmatory test.