CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources confirmed 742 new cases of COVID-19 and 11 additional deaths, including the deaths of one Ritchie County and one Barbour County resident, in its report on Friday.
The DHHR announced 696 new cases, along with two additional deaths on Thursday.
The report from the DHHR stated that as of 10 a.m. on Friday, November 13, there have been a total of 898,730 (+13,841) laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 31,639 (+742) total cases and 565 (+11) of those cases resulting in deaths.
The report stated that on Monday, when 27 deaths were added to the state’s death count, a 76-year old male from Mercer County has been determined to be a duplicate and therefore reduced the total deaths to 554 prior to Friday’s report.
The DHHR has confirmed the deaths of an 82-year old man from Wayne County, a 65-year old man from Cabell County, a 73-year old man from Mercer County, a 69-year old woman from McDowell County, a 91-year old man from Brooke County, a 65-year old woman from Kanawha County, a 66-year old man from Hancock County, an 84-year old man from Ritchie County, a 61-year old woman from Kanawha County, an 83-year old woman from Barbour County, and a 95-year old woman from Cabell County.
According to the DHHR’s coronavirus dashboard, there are currently 8,531 (+344) active cases and 22,543 (+388) recovered cases in the state.
“We mourn the heartbreaking loss of these West Virginians and send our deepest sympathies to their loved ones,” said Bill J. Crouch, DHHR Cabinet Secretary.
Listed below are the total numbers of COVID-19 cases per county, according to the DHHR’s latest report:
CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (249), Berkeley (2,098), Boone (492), *Braxton (91), Brooke (346), Cabell (2,016), Calhoun (44), Clay (94), Doddridge (85), Fayette (923), Gilmer (169), Grant (222), Greenbrier (282), Hampshire (194), Hancock (332), Hardy (140), Harrison (828), Jackson (483), Jefferson (854), Kanawha (4,456), Lewis (189), Lincoln (333), Logan (889), Marion (545), Marshall (693), Mason (226), McDowell (237), Mercer (990), Mineral (496), Mingo (805), Monongalia (2,655), *Monroe (288), Morgan (193), Nicholas (240), Ohio (924), Pendleton (80), Pleasants (54), Pocahontas (79), Preston (301), Putnam (1,285), Raleigh (1,074), Randolph (526), Ritchie (88), Roane (127), Summers (197), Taylor (200), Tucker (72), Tyler (98), Upshur (345), Wayne (743), Webster (44), Wetzel (306), Wirt (63), Wood (1,375), Wyoming (481).
*Note – Please note that delays may be experienced with the reporting of information from the local health department to DHHR. As case surveillance continues at the local health department level, it may reveal that those tested in a certain county may not be a resident of that county, or even the state as an individual in question may have crossed the state border to be tested. Such is the case of Braxton and Monroe counties in this report.
Please visit the dashboard located at www.coronavirus.wv.gov for more information.
Free COVID-19 testing is available today in Barbour, Berkeley, Fayette, Hampshire, Jackson, Jefferson, Lewis, Lincoln, Marshall, Mason, Mineral, Mingo, Monroe, Nicholas, Ohio, Preston, Putnam, Randolph, Wayne, Wetzel, Wood, and Wyoming counties.
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Myers Clinic, 3 Health Care Drive, Philippi, WV
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Belington Clinic, 56 N. Brandenburg Street, Belington, WV
- 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Hedgesville High School, 109 Ridge Road N, Hedgesville, WV
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, J.W. and Hazel Ruby WV Welcome Center, 55 Hazel Ruby Lane, Mt. Hope, WV
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Hampshire Memorial Hospital, 363 Sunrise Blvd, Romney, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Central Hampshire Park, Central Hampshire Park Road, Augusta, WV
- 8:00 AM -12:00 PM, Sandyville Senior Center, 29 Gilmore Drive, Sandyville, WV
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, The Greene Center, 10494 Charleston Rd., Kenna, WV
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Shepherd University, 164 University Drive, Shepherdstown, WV
- 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM, Jefferson County Health Department, 1948 Wiltshire Road, Kearneysville, WV
- 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM, Washington High School, 300 Washington Patriot Drive, Charles Town, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Stonewall Home Oxygen, 456 Marketplace Mall, Weston, WV
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Piggly Wiggly, 8337 Court Avenue, Hamlin, WV
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Marshall County Health Department, 513 6th Street, Moundsville, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Robert C. Byrd Locks and Dam Recreational Area, Apple Grove, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Mineral County VoTech, 981 Harley O Staggers Drive, Keyser, WV
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Mineral County Fairgrounds, Rt. 28, Fort Ashby, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, The Williamson Charge First United Methodist Church, 2nd Avenue at Dickinson Street, Williamson, WV
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Williamson Health & Wellness Center, 183 2nd Ave., Williamson, WV (At the Tent)
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Delbarton Volunteer Fire Department, 68 Farley Avenue, Delbarton, WV
- 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, 200 Health Center Drive, Union, WV (Call 304-772-3064 for appointment)
- 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monroe Health Center Peterstown, 2869 Seneca Trail South, Peterstown, WV (Call 304-753-4336 for appointment)
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, St. Luke’s Methodist Church, 18001 Webster Road, Craigsville, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Valley Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 355 Fire House Lane, Valley Grove, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Warwood Fire Station, Station 9, 1301 Richland Avenue, Wheeling, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Reedsville Volunteer Fire Department, 291 Kingwood Street, Reedsville, WV
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM, WesBanco Bank, 81 Morgantown Street, Bruceton Mills, WV
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Valley Park, 1 Valley Drive, Hurricane, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Tygart Valley Fire Company, 250 S, Dailey, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Wayne County Health Department, 217 Kenova Avenue, Wayne, WV
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Kenova Police Department, 1501 Pine Street, Kenova, WV
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Wetzel County 4H Grounds, 1821 Mountaineer Drive, New Martinsville, WV
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Valley High School, 4 Lumber Jack Lane, Pine Grove, WV
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Hundred High School, 3490 Hornet Highway, Hundred, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Worthington Elementary, 2500 36th Street, Parkersburg, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Oceana Square, Highway 971, Oceana, WV
- 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM, Southern WV Community and Technical College, 128 College Drive, Saulsville, WV
Editor’s note: The numbers received from the West Virginia DHHR include cases that have already been resolved. Therefore, these counts need to be viewed as historical cases, rather than active cases.
Editor’s note 2: The total number of cases confirmed by the DHHR now includes probable cases, which are individuals that have symptoms and either serologic (antibody) or epidemiologic (e.g., a link to a confirmed case) evidence of disease, but no confirmatory test.