CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources has confirmed 867 new COVID-19 cases and nine additional deaths on Sunday.
The DHHR announced 1,153 new cases, along with 9 additional deaths on Saturday.
The report from the DHHR stated that as of 10 a.m. on Sunday, November 15, there have been a total of 922,920 (+11,052) laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 33,659 (+867) total cases and 583 (+9) of those cases resulting in deaths.
The DHHR has confirmed the deaths of a 73-year old male from Wood County, an 87-year old female from Marshall County, an 83-year old female from Putnam County, a 95-year old female from Ohio County, a 74-year old female from Ohio County, an 84-year old female from Putnam County, a 94-year old female from Putnam County, an 88-year old female from Jackson County, and a 78-year old male from Kanawha County.
“We mourn the loss of these lives and urge all West Virginians to continue to follow the recommended guidance to stop the spread of this deadly virus,” said Bill J. Crouch, DHHR Cabinet Secretary.
Listed below are the total numbers of COVID-19 cases per county, according to the DHHR’s latest report:
CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (263), Berkeley (2,209), Boone (505), Braxton (94), Brooke (377), Cabell (2,162), Calhoun (43), Clay (94), Doddridge (87), Fayette (950), Gilmer (175), Grant (235), Greenbrier (308), Hampshire (206), Hancock (366), Hardy (150), Harrison (872), Jackson (538), Jefferson (947), Kanawha (4,652), Lewis (197), Lincoln (342), Logan (919), Marion (585), Marshall (790), Mason (251), McDowell (292), Mercer (1,045), Mineral (590), Mingo (831), Monongalia (2,754), Monroe (290), Morgan (206), Nicholas (255), Ohio (997), Pendleton (84), Pleasants (55), Pocahontas (81), Preston (337), Putnam (1,377), Raleigh (1,110), Randolph (547), Ritchie (92), Roane (132), Summers (201), Taylor (218), Tucker (75), Tyler (106), Upshur (359), Wayne (795), Webster (47), Wetzel (319), Wirt (66), Wood (1,565), Wyoming (516).
*Note – Please note that delays may be experienced with the reporting of information from the local health department to DHHR. As case surveillance continues at the local health department level, it may reveal that those tested in a certain county may not be a resident of that county, or even the state as an individual in question may have crossed the state border to be tested.
Please visit the dashboard located at www.coronavirus.wv.gov for more information.
Free COVID-19 testing is available today in Barbour, Berkeley, Fayette, Jackson, Logan, Mason, Mingo, Putnam, Randolph, Wayne, and Wyoming counties.
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Belington Clinic, 56 N. Brandenburg Street, Belington, WV
- 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Martinsburg High School, 701 South Queen Street, Martinsburg, WV
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Valley PK-8, 1 Greyhound Lane, Smithers, WV
- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Jackson County Health Department, 504 Church Street South, Ripley, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Old 84 Lumber Building, 100 Recovery Road, Peach Creek, WV
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM, (behind) New Haven Fire Department, 4th Street, New Haven, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Tug Valley High School, 50 Panther Lane, Williamson, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Putnam County Fairgrounds, 522 Park Road, Eleanor, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Wayne County Health Department, 217 Kenova Avenue, Wayne, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Old Board of Education, 19 Park Street, Pineville, WV