CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources confirmed 969 new COVID-19 cases and 15 additional deaths, including the deaths of a Marion County resident and a Ritchie County resident, in its report on Tuesday.
The DHHR announced 636 new COVID-19 cases and five additional deaths on Monday.
The report from the DHHR stated that as of 10 a.m. on Tuesday, November 24, there have been a total of 1,048,077 (+14,567) laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 42,083 (+969) total cases and 682 (+15) of those cases resulting in deaths.
The DHHR has confirmed the deaths of a 94-year old man from Wayne County, a 78-year old woman from Cabell County, a 70-year old man from Fayette County, an 80-year old man from Mineral County, a 74-year old woman from Marshall County, a 90-year old woman from Mineral County, a 35-year old woman from Ohio County, an 84-year old woman from Marion County, an 87-year old woman from Wood County, a 92-year old woman from Ritchie County, a 79-year old man from Wood County, a 70-year old woman from Kanawha County, an 81-year old man from Kanawha County, a 70-year old man from Mineral County, and an 83-year old man from Mingo County.
“Our thoughts are with the families who have lost loved ones,” said Bill J. Crouch, DHHR Cabinet Secretary. “Now, more than ever, we must be diligent in our efforts to control the spread of this virus for the health of our loved ones if not for ourselves.”
According to the DHHR’s COVID-19 dashboard, there are currently 13,940 (+262) active cases and 27,461 (+692) recovered cases in the state. As of Tuesday, nearly a third; approximately 33.12% of all COVID-19 cases that have been identified in West Virginia since the pandemic began in March are currently active.
Listed below are the total numbers of COVID-19 cases per county, according to the DHHR’s latest report:
CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (357), Berkeley (2,799), Boone (593), Braxton (103), Brooke (566), Cabell (2,640), Calhoun (62), Clay (107), Doddridge (114), Fayette (1,065), Gilmer (192), Grant (307), Greenbrier (412), Hampshire (288), Hancock (569), Hardy (212), Harrison (1,156), Jackson (667), Jefferson (1,206), Kanawha (5,316), Lewis (226), Lincoln (385), Logan (1,006), Marion (757), Marshall (1,070), Mason (367), McDowell (585), Mercer (1,252), Mineral (1,028), Mingo (939), Monongalia (3,107), Monroe (342), Morgan (238), Nicholas (309), Ohio (1,357), Pendleton (100), Pleasants (76), Pocahontas (107), Preston (479), Putnam (1,710), Raleigh (1,441), Randolph (646), Ritchie (133), Roane (152), Summers (260), Taylor (279), Tucker (112), Tyler (127), Upshur (454), Wayne (930), Webster (54), Wetzel (378), Wirt (92), Wood (2,236), Wyoming (618).
*Note – Please note that delays may be experienced with the reporting of information from the local health department to DHHR. As case surveillance continues at the local health department level, it may reveal that those tested in a certain county may not be a resident of that county, or even the state as an individual in question may have crossed the state border to be tested.
Please visit the dashboard located at www.coronavirus.wv.gov for more information.
Free COVID-19 testing is available today in Barbour, Berkeley, Boone, Cabell, Grant, Hancock, Jackson, Jefferson, Lincoln, Logan, Marshall, Mason, Mineral, Mingo, Morgan, Ohio, Putnam, Ritchie, Taylor, Wayne, Wood, and Wyoming counties.
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Myers Clinic, 3 Health Care Drive, Philippi, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Belington Clinic, 56 N. Brandenburg Street, Belington, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Junior Volunteer Fire Department, 331 Row Avenue, Belington, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Hedgesville High School, 109 Ridge Road N., Hedgesville, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Shenandoah Community Health, 99 Tavern Road, Martinsburg, WV
- 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM, Dorothy McCormack Building, 2000 Foundation Way, Martinsburg, WV
- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Boone County Health Department, 213 Kenmore Drive, Danville, WV
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Brooke Middle School, 5 Bruin Drive, Wellsburg, WV
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Cabell-Huntington Health Department, 703 Seventh Avenue, Huntington, WV
- 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Union Education Complex, 52 Tiger Drive, Mt. Storm, WV (School at Mt. Storm)
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, JD Rockefeller Vo Tech, 80 Rockefeller Circle, New Cumberland, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Ravenswood Senior Center, 511 Washington Street, Ravenswood, WV
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Shepherd University, 164 University Drive, Shepherdstown, WV
- 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM, Jefferson County Health Department, 1948 Wiltshire Road, Kearneysville, WV
- 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM, Washington High School, 300 Washington Patriot Drive, Charles Town, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Lincoln County Health Department, 8008 Court Avenue, Hamlin, WV
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM, White’s Plaza, Hamlin Piggly Wiggly, Hamlin, WV
- 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Tracy Vickers Community Center, 68 Boise Street, Chapmanville, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Marshall County Health Department, 513 6th Street, Moundsville, WV
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Wahama High School, 1 White Falcon Way, Mason, WV
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, RC Byrd Locks, Apple Grove, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Mineral County Fairgrounds, Route 28, Fort Ashby, WV
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Mineral County VoTech, 981 Harley O Staggers Drive, Keyser, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Mount Hope Freewill Baptist College, Old County Road, Dingess, WV
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Williamson Health and Wellness, 173 East 2nd Avenue, Williamson, WV (Under tent)
- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Hurley Drug Company, 210 Logan Street, Williamson, WV (by appointment; call 304-235-3535)
- 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM, Chattaroy Volunteer Fire Department, 1 Firefighter Lane, Williamson, WV
- 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Warm Springs Middle School, 271 Warm Springs Way, Berkeley Springs, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Valley Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 355 Fire House Lane, Valley Grove, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Warwood Fire Station 9, 1301 Richland Avenue, Wheeling, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Wheeling Island Fire Department Station 5, 11 North Wabash Street, Wheeling, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Teays Valley Church of God, 185 Connection Point, Scott Depot, WV
- 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Ritchie County High School, Ritchie County School Road, Ellenboro, WV (pre-registration: www.ipsumcovidresults.com)
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, First Baptist Church of Grafton, 2034 Webster Pike US Route 119 South, Grafton, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Wayne County Health Department, 217 Kenova Avenue, Wayne, WV
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Parkersburg High School, 2101 Dudley Avenue, Parkersburg, WV (pre-registration: www.ipsumcovidresults.com)
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Council on Aging at Maben, 695 Mountaineer Highway, Mullins, WV
Please visit https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/pages/testing.aspx for more testing locations including the new locator map. New sites are added daily.
Editor’s note: The numbers received from the West Virginia DHHR include cases that have already been resolved. Therefore, these counts need to be viewed as historical cases, rather than active cases.
Editor’s note 2: The total number of cases confirmed by the DHHR now includes probable cases, which are individuals that have symptoms and either serologic (antibody) or epidemiologic (e.g., a link to a confirmed case) evidence of disease, but no confirmatory test.